Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ProPartner
New Contributor

FortiClient installation with FortiClientOnlineInstaller error

Hi,

the official Fortinet support could NOT help and refered me to the forum here. I have a few notebooks from Lenovo (V330) with Windows 10 Pro build 1709.

Installation with the OnlineInstaller downloaded from fortinet website doesn't work anymore, installation cancels always at "installing drivers" and rolls the whole installation back. I tried many things, I also looked up in device manager for virtual adapters, I looked in the registry but everything is clean and fine.

Maybe someone could help because I need forticlient on these notebooks. I hadn't problems installing forticlient in the past (until april 2018).

I have a logfile but I can't manage to upload it here, it has 1,22MB and zip files are not allowed.

Thomas

11 REPLIES 11
SteveG
Contributor III

Have you tried the full installer?

ProPartner

I only tried the FortinetOnlineInstaller.exe, this is the one you get from the internet, from fortinet support etc

Is there a full setup without downloading installation files? Can you give me a link?

SteveG

You can download the full version from support.fortinet.com but you'll need an active maintenance contract on a piece of FortiNet hardware to login......

ProPartner

I tried it, but it's exactly the same *.msi which is downloaded with FortiClientOnlineInstaller....

... and of course it's the same error while installing the drivers (after copying files) and rolls back installation.

SteveG

Are you a local admin on the PC as it sounds permissions related?

ProPartner

Yes I am, the users are in the local administrator group...

I really have no idea, maybe I have to make a factory reset with these 2 notebooks.

I got the same notebook model 3 weeks later again, installation there of FortiClient without problems. Only on these 2 specific devices it doesn't work....

ProPartner

So, new version 6.0 online, same error on these notebooks again.... I think it's lost I can't install forticlient anymore something in windows.

No one can help, forticlient support told me to ask here after I made a ticket and sent the logs, this is so weak we are paying 10.000s of dollars every year for the products...

Rilas

Hi,

just a question. Did you have Password lock enabled?

My Problem was a bit different but maybe it also helps on your installation, too.

I had to disable Password lock - then the Installation / Upgrade worked. But in my case i had FortiClient EMS and upgraded from 5.6 to 6.0.

It was the same behaviour, it installed and then rolled back. After restart from PC the old Version was still present and working.

Kind regards,

ProPartner

What do you mean by password lock? Is it a software?

I have no extra software installed.

The computers are in our domain and login to Windows 10 with active directory user (and password), so very standard.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors