Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bascheew
New Contributor III

Global interfaces and zones do not show up in the ADOM

I have created global zones and interfaces that I want to map on all of our customer devices.  However when I assign the global policy and choose "Assign ALL Objects" they do not show up in the ADOM after being successfully assigned.  Firewall objects and service are showing up fine.  What am I missing?

Also if I create a global header policy that includes one of the global zones I receive the following error when I attempt to assign it: "Interface/Zone [ZoneName] does not exist in ADOM level."

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Interfaces/Zones at the Global level must map to preexisting Interfaces/Zones at the ADOM level. Assigning a global policy package to an ADOM does not create those interfaces/zones at the ADOM level. 

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
bascheew
New Contributor III

Does that mean I need to create the interfaces and zones in every ADOM and not once in Global?

Are zones and interfaces in the Global Database only references to existing interfaces that are named the same?  I don't see where to map something in the Global Database to the ADOM.

chall_FTNT

bascheew wrote:

Does that mean I need to create the interfaces and zones in every ADOM and not once in Global?

Yes.  But the interface mapping should in most cases already exist thanks to "Import Policy" when first adding the devices.

bascheew wrote:

Are zones and interfaces in the Global Database only references to existing interfaces that are named the same?  I don't see where to map something in the Global Database to the ADOM.

Good point.  Yes, the name used in Global must be identical to that used at the ADOM level.

Note:  Interfaces are not objects that are copied Gobal to ADOM to Device Database.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors