Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Daveclegg
New Contributor

Device showing both registered and unregistered

Hello All,

Bit of an odd one...

I had a request to change the account that was used to do the logging from a fortigate, so from admin to a new account. I have 2 clusters of 2 Fortigates logging to FA. I changed the username for cluster 1 and everything was fine but when i did it for cluster 2 i seem to have gotten something messed up.

In registered devices i see both clusters, inclusive of both Fortigates in each, everything suggests that logging is fine, green light etc. If i log onto cluster 2's Fortigates and test connectivity to the FA its all green. It also shows that logs are being sent etc.

However, i also now have an unregistered device in FA which happens to be one of the ones in cluster 2 (even though it also appears registered) When i go on the FA to Log View and look for latest logs from Cluster 2 i don't see any since i made the change.

Could it be the fact i have one unregistered that its messing it up somehow? If so, can i just delete that device?

I have tried to add it but obviously it doesn't work as the device is actually registering!

I would like to avoid losing any logs i do have for cluster 2 if possible, concerned if deleting the unregistered one may cause that?

Thanks....

1 REPLY 1
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Best to open a support ticket for something like this.  It is unusual if the same serial # shows up as both in a cluster AND unregistered.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors