Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Szreter
New Contributor

TLS status flag for outgoing mails

Hi,

I'm using FortiMail 400 E.

It would be great, to have additional field (flag) on "history" to see, if email was delivered using TLS.

Or at least, to have possibility to quickly generate report with this information (to see, which emails were sent with TLS and which without).

Is it possible to achieve something like this with current software? If not, is it possible to implement "new feature" in next releases?

5 REPLIES 5
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Cross search the history log so you can see the event logs associated with the session. Look for STARTTLS entries before the "from:" and also before the "to:" entries

Szreter

Hi,

Thanks for answer... this is what i did, but checking large number of emails (especially, when You have single emails which were sent to many different domains/recipients) isn't so easy and fast

Szreter

Hi,

shouldn't "outgoing" sessions have different session ID? i mean, that i have few situations, that single email was sent to recipients in different domains, and all those sessions have the same session ID... How to live? :)

With situation like this i have to also compare relay name in logs, to be sure, that message was sent with TLS or not... this is terrible!

Johan_de_Koning

Very good question, why is it not possible to filter email messages based on a flag stating if they were sent using TLS or not?

In this day and age it is unacceptable to not give this kind of features in a mail appliance.

Also where can i make this feature request official?

Johan_de_Koning

Bromont wrote:

Cross search the history log so you can see the event logs associated with the session. Look for STARTTLS entries before the "from:" and also before the "to:" entries

This is not a scalable solution to see in an overview what emails were sent unsecure thus having a possible breach where information could be leaked. Also now it is not possible to make a report based on this to give management an overview of this.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors