Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
patrickwilson82
New Contributor

Second FortiAP configuration

I just plugged in a brand new FortiAP. We already had one FortiAP in place. When I discovered the new FortiAP it appears that the Fortigate pushed the configuration settings from the original AP to this one. It has the same exact SSID's etc. This is an issue, because I wanted to have a different SSID for each one. Is there a way to differentiate this? If I edit the SSID settings under Wifi Switch & Controller, will it change the SSID settings for the original AP? I don't want to change any settings for the original one. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You can do it either GUI or CLI.

In GUI, under "FortiAP Profiles", you have to create a new "profile". Your FG used the same profile the existing AP is using probably because it's a same type. Otherwise, it wouldn't have worked at all. Once you created a new profile properly with SSIDs you want it to have, go to "Managed FortiAPs" then changed the profile you just created.

In CLI, under "config wireless-controller wtp-profile" to create a new pfile. Then under "config wireless-controller wtp" you can use the new profile. In CLI, each AP is identified by its serial number like FP221B3X14xxxxxx under wtp config.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You can do it either GUI or CLI.

In GUI, under "FortiAP Profiles", you have to create a new "profile". Your FG used the same profile the existing AP is using probably because it's a same type. Otherwise, it wouldn't have worked at all. Once you created a new profile properly with SSIDs you want it to have, go to "Managed FortiAPs" then changed the profile you just created.

In CLI, under "config wireless-controller wtp-profile" to create a new pfile. Then under "config wireless-controller wtp" you can use the new profile. In CLI, each AP is identified by its serial number like FP221B3X14xxxxxx under wtp config.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors