Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rayburn
New Contributor

VPN Logs missing from Log & Report menu

We have a Fortigate 60D in our office. I want to review the VPN log but there is no longer a VPN Events option under Log & Report. It was there last week but for some reason it's gone now. I went to the Log Settings menu and all options are checked including the VPN activity option. How do I get the VPN Events option back? Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

About which FortiOS version are we talking about?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
petersonent

Same issue here on the 60E after upgrading to v5.6.3 build1547 (GA). Anyone know where to get the VPN Events log back?

Rayburn
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The Fortigate is running firmware version 5.4.1 build 5447.

aseques

Apparently, the information that now appears in the logs is more intelligent, so there should only be entries in the vpn menu when there are significative vpn events.

Unfortunately, the reality is that the menu disappears randomly and you can't force it back, it will appear at some point, but it makes you doubt of the logs.

KPS
New Contributor III

Hi!

If the Fortigate device is connected to an Analyzer, the menu comes back, but without it, the menu is missing...

aseques
New Contributor

Should't it be appearing? I don't know if I should talk to my reseller so they open the ticket.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors