Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Daredavel
New Contributor

Network Location Awareness Issue

It's been a while that we're experiencing this. Every time we turn on our desktops there's a random chance that the network LAN indicator will turn up as warning exclamation icon, like with limited connection but internet is working fine and we can browse the web like normal. However this a problem when we had our Microsoft office 2016 installed. Every time it happens, our Outlook 2016 doesn't work and gets disconnected. It seems Outlook 2016 is dependent on the network location awareness. But again, internet is working fine only that the network location awareness LAN icon status is in warning or no internet access. I believe this is a known issue and tried several steps already, up to the point of disabling Probing in the registry to no avail. My only work around is to restart the nlasvc service and it will correct the status of the LAN icon, then Outlook will work as normal. How do we bypass or ensure that NLA is fully working behind FG firewall and avoid the limited LAN connection icon again?

2 REPLIES 2
Daredavel
New Contributor

Nobody had this issue before?

jossmi

I have seen this issue, but I have been unable to identify a solution. It usually occurs after the FortiGate has been rebooted for any reason. A similar problem is described in https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=118552.

In my case, the FortiGate is providing DHCP and DNS. The devices are NOT domain joined. When the devices reboot following a firewall change they switch from using the Windows Firewall private profile to the public profile. I usually don't notice it until I try to access the device remotely and can't login with remote desktop.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors