Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fofabd
New Contributor

Forticlient EMS - Deployment

Hello,

I would like to deploy forticlient by using EMS. I follow Fortinet EMS admin guide. Endpoint Profile has been created and I scheduled the deployment. But nothing happen. I'm running Windows 7. What can do to start auto-deployment?

4 REPLIES 4
SteveG
Contributor III

That's quite an open question. You need to specify an account with admin privs in the EMS Profile. Are the PC's a member of Active Directory?

I find the auto install works well on Windows but works so badly on MacOS we've had to disable it.

fofabd
New Contributor

Hi,

The PC is member of AD. I test another machine which run well auto-deployment but it doesn't work for mine.

josh2isback
New Contributor

Showbox| Kodi | Lucky Patcher|
aaron833
New Contributor III

I've found EMS to be terrible at pushing out the FortiClient installs, it does okay with updates after FortiClient is already on a PC, but getting the initial install pushed out is inconsistent.  You might need to edit the firewall settings on your domain joined PCs to get the initial install through.  I already have another tool I use for pushing out FortiClient instead of EMS, but mostly because for me it's easier than trying to figure out why some PC's get the install from EMS while others don't. 

In the EMS console click on the bell icon in the upper right, are there any errors that might indicate why yours is failing?  One thing that might help is creating a profile without the install deployment, move your computer to that profile, then after a few minutes move back to the install profile.  I've been told by Fortinet support that should kick start a failed install.  It's not the most reliable method, which is why I prefer to use a different tool to push out the installs.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors