Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pmaihoef
New Contributor

Manage Virtual Wire

Hi!

Is it possible to manage or even SEE that an interface is acutally a virtual wire pair?

Currently I have a virtual wire pair on a FGT100D and FMG broke that virtualwire as soon as i pushed the configuration on the device. Which caused a disruption in production...

Cheers

Philipp

5 REPLIES 5
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

The Install Preview window should have shown evidence of modifications that might adversely affect your production environment.

Did you recently upgrade your FortiManager to 5.6.2 or later? 

If so, the following notice is found in "Special Notices" at the top of the FortiManager Release Notes: Virtual Wire Pair Support after Upgrade to 5.6.2 or Later FortiManager 5.6.2 or later supports Virtual Wire Pair policies. After you upgrade FortiManager, you should import all policies and objects again from FortiGate units that use Virtual Wire Pair policies. Otherwise, a subsequent install may delete all policies on FortiGate units that reference a Virtual Wire Pair.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
pmaihoef

Hi,

FortiManager is running on 5.6.3. I deleted the FortiGate and added it back to the FMG. Still no signs of virtual wire policies. 

Do I have to enable it somewhere in the ADOM settings?

chall_FTNT

Not sure whether this is still an issue for you. 

In case it is & you are not even seeing a separate menu item "IPv4 Virtual Wire Pair Policy" for each policy package, check that "Policy >> IPv4 Virtual Wire Pair Policy" is checked in Tools >> Display Options.

If the menu option is fine but you are just not seeing any policies in that section, did your "add device" include an import policy?

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
pmaihoef

yes! I just had to enable it on the display options. simple as that. thanks for the hint.

pmaihoef

now i can see the virtual wire policies but on the intervace dashboard i don't see the virtual wire pair.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors