Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TomWhi
New Contributor

Certificates of HTTPS management page

Hi,

I am struggling to find documentation on how to add an internal certificate to the FortiGate HTTPS management page. Every google search returns how to avoid MIM/Webfiltering. 

I would like to secure my FortiGate admin logon page with a certificate issued by a Windows PKI server so that the logon page doesn't error when we logon to it. 

Any advice or articles to do this would be appreciated! 

Tom 

-------------------------------------------------

Tom Whiteley Infrastructure Engineer

------------------------------------------------- Tom Whiteley Infrastructure Engineer
2 Solutions
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple, bundle the  cert+key in  pfx format & import it  from the WebGUI. Various OSversions has had problems with this btw.

Now, within  the global config ; " you set that  cert for admin  interface"

config system global
set admin-server-cert youcertnamethatyouimport
end

You do not need to reboot the appliance for the certificate to be used

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Tom You can also import cert & key directly. Goto System --> Certificates --> Import --> Local Certificate choose Certificate from the dropdown. In System --> Settings choose the imported certificate in Administration Settings Best, Markus

View solution in original post

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple, bundle the  cert+key in  pfx format & import it  from the WebGUI. Various OSversions has had problems with this btw.

Now, within  the global config ; " you set that  cert for admin  interface"

config system global
set admin-server-cert youcertnamethatyouimport
end

You do not need to reboot the appliance for the certificate to be used

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Tom You can also import cert & key directly. Goto System --> Certificates --> Import --> Local Certificate choose Certificate from the dropdown. In System --> Settings choose the imported certificate in Administration Settings Best, Markus

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
TomWhi
New Contributor

Thank you both very much for your advice! I will give that a try :)

------------------------------------------------- Tom Whiteley Infrastructure Engineer
ropeguru
New Contributor

Can you just not go into the certificates section and import a local certificate of type "certificate" and provide the key file and cert?

I know this is available in 5.4.x, 5.6.x, and 6.0

TomWhi

Thanks everyone - it was as simple as you all said. I was struggling because I wasn't selecting "local certificates" because I didn't realise the term also included "for remote" so I just ignored that option. 

I imported my cert and enabled it on the management page. Works a treat! 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors