Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
imad_shokeh
New Contributor

Traffic Shaping

I have a question: I have a 50 Mbps internet connection (50Up/50 Down) fiber line . I only need to guarantee 10 Mbps to use it for specific PC , how i can do that !? please step by step  Fortigate 92D 

4 REPLIES 4
Bubu
Contributor

Hi,

You cannot limit bandwidth per devices, you can do that only per subnet, users or apps.

Step by step traffic shaping per subnet:

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/traffic-shaping-bandwidth-54/

BR,

Bubu

Bubu

Bubu
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You cannot limit bandwidth per devices, you can do that only per subnet, users or apps.

I have to disagree, you can surely limit total bw per device  or by app/protocol and that device ( device being a /32 netmask )

For example, if I apply a traffic policer for ICMP for src object 1.1.1.1/32 and set this to 16bps than that device would be limited to 16bps

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Bubu

emnoc wrote:

I have to disagree, you can surely limit total bw per device  or by app/protocol and that device ( device being a /32 netmask )

For example, if I apply a traffic policer for ICMP for src object 1.1.1.1/32 and set this to 16bps than that device would be limited to 16bps

ken

Indeed, I have not been at the end of my explanations, it was obvious to me, but I wanted to inform that this cannot apply like on the policy IPV4 "Devices". Thank you for the additional information.

Bubu

Bubu

Bubu
taizee
New Contributor

1)Under Policy & Objects > Traffic shapers

Create a new traffic shaper and set the guaranteed bandwidth to what you want

2) Then go to Traffic shaping policy and create a new policy

click on source and a sidebar will appear on the right. Click the + Button next to the search box. Click on Address

Under Type choose IP/Netmask then in the subnet/IP range field enter the IP address of the specific PC. Choose the interface.

enable the shared and reverse shaper and select the traffic shaper you created in the first step

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors