Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amargys
New Contributor

No console port

Hi All

Just want to check if anyone had a FWF60D firewall without console port? is this common? Would Fortinet replace it if it's out of support but have Fortinet stickers on which means it wasn't opened/modified.

Looked at it quite few times  to make sure I am not going crazy, but there is no console port at the front or back.

Thanks

Augustas

1 Solution
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Augustas It seems that FG has removed the RJ45 console Port. I think you have to use the USB MGM as described here http://cookbook.fortinet.com/using-the-usb-mgmt-console-port

Best, Markus

View solution in original post

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
4 REPLIES 4
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Augustas It seems that FG has removed the RJ45 console Port. I think you have to use the USB MGM as described here http://cookbook.fortinet.com/using-the-usb-mgmt-console-port

Best, Markus

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
amargys
New Contributor

Thanks for prompt response Markus, wasn't aware of this, a bit strange that they decided to go this path for some models only.

Thanks,

Augustas

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I think I remember that the very early FG-60Ds were produced without a console port. After some quite substantial uproar from the user community FTNT changed plans and these models got their console port (on the front, right side) back. It might just be that you've got one of the few ones without (keep it and sell it in 10 years to the Fortinet Museum of Technology :)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Markus
Valued Contributor

nice one ede :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors