Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
patrickwilson82
New Contributor

Quarantine Retention Period

Hi, can anyone tell me what the retention period is for User Quarantine mail? I seem to remember reading some where that it's two weeks? But I wanted to confirm.

6 REPLIES 6
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Quarantine retention period is configurable from the resource profile from 1-4000 days but given you mentioned you had read this somewhere, I suspect you are referring to the FML Cloud Service perhaps?  If so, it is by default set to 14 days. 

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

patrickwilson82

Carl,

It's my understanding that the 14 day retention period only applies to server mode. Is that correct?

Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

No, that applies to gateway as well.

Set on Resource Profile on 5.4 or AntiSpam Action Profile on 5.3.

patrickwilson82

Interesting. That was my understanding as well. But someone from Fortinet chat support told me that it only applied to Server mode. I guess we'll see in 14 days if that is correct or not.

patrickwilson82

I'm currently running 5.4.5 and have it set to 14 days. I haven't set the 14 day expectation with my users, so we'll see what happens. Thanks!

abelio

Hi,

Actually, under 5.3x there's a bug (ID #0452865) and changes in antispam action profile doesn't take effect; 14 days value seems to be 'hardcoded' and personal quarantines are cleaned after 14 days no matter what value you had configured there (even 0)

Fix is available en 5.4.1+ , under Resource Profile settings

Hope it helps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors