Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mayurjrajyaguru
New Contributor

Block Cryptocurrency Websites

Hello Team,

I am using Fortigate 50e Model in SOHO environment and would like to block all the cryprocurrency related website. I am seeing 'Monero Cryptocurrency' logs. Any recommendation how to do that?

Thank You!

Mayur

1 Solution
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Hello Mayur,

Can you check below setting for your query 

1. Check in web filter profile  that you blocked Security Risk, Potential liable categorys.

2. In Application Control you can surf for signature Monero Cryptocurrency - block the signature(Set Action as block & apply)

3. If you using 5.6 OS version Botnet will control by fortiguard . 

If you using below OS you need to block  botnet category in Application Control . 

4. Enable Antivirus 

They are all comes under botnet family . 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

View solution in original post

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
3 REPLIES 3
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Hello Mayur,

Can you check below setting for your query 

1. Check in web filter profile  that you blocked Security Risk, Potential liable categorys.

2. In Application Control you can surf for signature Monero Cryptocurrency - block the signature(Set Action as block & apply)

3. If you using 5.6 OS version Botnet will control by fortiguard . 

If you using below OS you need to block  botnet category in Application Control . 

4. Enable Antivirus 

They are all comes under botnet family . 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
Mayurjrajyaguru

Thanks! Mr. Babu

I already enabled Antivirus, already block Botnet category and now as advised by you blocked signature of Monero cryptourrency signature. It was very helpful. Hope, my network won't allow this.

One more thing, what to do in order to block all cryptocurrency related website.? I blocked Botnet already. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Mayur

Sudarsan_Babu

You can use Application Control to block. Its a browser based category. 

You can learn more info on Fortiguard 

https://www.fortinet.com/blog/search.html?tag=bitcoin  

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors