Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Allow Youtube for Company website

Hi all, 

Our client accessing their company website. Initial webpage load front page youtube video is linked . But we blocked Streaming videos to them.  So how to allow videos only to that website.  Can any one help me. 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
3 REPLIES 3
Alan_Brito
New Contributor

Anan Brito
dmcquade
New Contributor III

What is blocking the streaming? The App sensor or the web filter?

d

Sudarsan_Babu

I just open ticket TAC Engineer replied

Issue description: Allowing specific YouTube videos  When you request a video from Youtube, there are a lot of microsites triggered in order to present the video (video is sliced for smaller parts and those are requested separately while loading the video), all of them should be exempted, but we are talking about dynamic links generated randomly. The way to evaluate Youtube in content Filter is binary, it's either completely blocked or allowed. Google offers two options to restrict inappropriate content: DNS and HTTP header.  http://help.fortinet.com/...YouTube%20Access  Google provides an article entitled "Restrict YouTube content on your network or managed devices" -> https://support.google.co...e/answer/6214622  In the last years, youtube is linking the videos from within the video player, making further blocking impossible. So, for the moment, there is no solution for your request - this is not supported by any of our products. You may either allow or block youtube site entirely.  Our blocking is based on the url (www.youtube.com) and not on subfiles/domains on the URL so in order to allow 1 video from youtube you would have to allow them all.  I am glad that provided information useful to you.  Based on your confirmation, I will go ahead and close the ticket.  

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors