Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Asim_Raza
New Contributor

Blocking facebook Videos & Chat

Hi, 

We have Fortigate 60E in our network. I tried to block facebook chat and videos while allowing facebook which didn't work. All the users are accessing facebook through web i-e //https. I have done settings in 'Application Control' where i have added Application Signature for facebook Chat & Videos = Block. But it's not working. What other configuration or settings are required to Block only Facebook Chat and Videos? Need your kind response. Thank You 

Regards,

Asim Raza

Technical Consultant/Network Security

Regards, Asim Raza Technical Consultant/Network Security
4 REPLIES 4
Bubu
Contributor

Hi Asim,

Usually, you don't need anything else, just enabling the App Control on the policy. Can you send a screenshot of your Application Control configuration? Otherwise, with version 5.4, there is the CASI (Cloud Access Security Inspection) feature that can be useful to you.

BR

Bubu

Bubu

Bubu
Asim_Raza
New Contributor

Hi BABU,

I have Fortigate 60E, Firmware V5.6.2. I have done the required basic settings in Application Control like FB is allowed and in Application Signature only FB Chat & Videos are BLOCKED. In Web Filtering i didn't change anything. Now you are saying you have to enable CASI, which i can't see in Fortigate Security Profiles. How can i enable it then when it's not available in Fortigate. I have checked that in Feature Visibility too where you can get the required feature you want to enable.  Any idea what can be done ?

Thank You

Regards,

Asim Raza

Technical Consultant/Network Security

Regards, Asim Raza Technical Consultant/Network Security
Bubu

1. Check which policy is used when you browse facebook.com diagnose debug flow filter saddr "source address" diagnose debug flow filter dport "destination port 443" diagnose debug enable diagnose debug flow trace start 30

Browse to facebook.com from your source address diagnose debug disable diagnose debug flow trace stop Check which policy is used (policy_id)

OR

Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy > Policy Lookup

OR

Check your forward logs

If it's the right policy, it means you have a problem with App Control. This will save you looking elsewhere.

Bubu

Bubu
hmtay_FTNT

Hello Asim,

You need to enable SSL deep-inspection to use the Facebook_Chat and Facebook_Video signatures properly since they are HTTPS.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors