Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
skyllas
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN on Android 8 not working

Hello

I am having a Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 8 and FortiClient VPN app is not working properly. Immediately after connecting I get disconnected again. On other phones it is working fine. Do any others have problems with Android 8, or have a solution for my problem?

thx for help! 

3 Solutions
asikurt66
New Contributor

my phone samsung galaxy s9 plus got the same problem bendede fix it as soon as the following problem

View solution in original post

pablitobin
New Contributor

Guys, 

There is a new forticlient version. I have it. It will be release in summer.

FortiClient-v500-build0177-release.apk

I cant upload here. If someone need it, just ask me and i can send it by email.  13Mb.

eyeSome

With FortiClient-v500-build0177-release.apk connected to FortiOS 5.6.3 is working with PKI-Auth and Password-Auth on Android 8.0 on my Galaxy S9+

42 REPLIES 42
Itguy
New Contributor

Given the poor usability and stability of Android FortiClient, I doubt they will fix it anytime soon.

asikurt66
New Contributor

my phone samsung galaxy s9 plus got the same problem bendede fix it as soon as the following problem
xis_one

Any news on this?
skyllas

still not working. Very disappointing support from fortinet on this. also a various reviews in play store about this issue  

Kenundrum

Which type of vpn are you using? IPsec or SSLVPN? I have a galaxy S8 with android 8 and i have no problems with vpn.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
eyeSome
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

i'm using a S7 edge with Android 7.0 and FortiClient SSLVPN without any issues. Same client and same config on S9+ with Android 8.0 is the same as skyllas. Shortly after connecting successfully you got disconnected. The firewall-logs shows, that the tunnel is up without any issues and shutting down only seconds after.

Kind regards,

nickel

skyllas

also using SSL, and since the S9+ with Android 8.0 I have the issues. the exact same SSLVPN configuration worked on other phones before 

ikoimecs
New Contributor II

Hi,

Have you guys read this?

FortiClient 5.4.0 (Android) Release Notes:

https://docs.fortinet.com/d/forticlient-5.4.0-android-release-notes

Android 8 officially is not supported, yet.

Best Regards,

ikoimecs

eyeSome
New Contributor III

Hey,

ok... Oreo is not mentioned in the release notes but:

They are fixing issues with crashes in "Oreo" in the last version:

And the current Version is 5.4.2 and not 5.4.0.

Regards,

nickel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors