Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Necrolyx
New Contributor

Blocking youtube and facebook with Application control

Okay so i got my webfilter setup and i am blocking both facebook and youtube on all desktops and laptops in the office, i setup override for marketing and management user groups and that works fine, but as soon as i block facebook and youtube with application control to make sure mobile devices cant use those websites, it blocks all facebook and youtube related services even on desktops that should have been allowed to have access to those sites with override. 

can anyone give me some advice?

regards,

Gerard Rocher

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I would separate wifi subnet from lan subnet, which we always do, so that we can apply different policy/protection profiles.

ericli_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Necrolyx wrote:

Okay so i got my webfilter setup and i am blocking both facebook and youtube on all desktops and laptops in the office, i setup override for marketing and management user groups and that works fine, but as soon as i block facebook and youtube with application control to make sure mobile devices cant use those websites, it blocks all facebook and youtube related services even on desktops that should have been allowed to have access to those sites with override. 

can anyone give me some advice?

regards,

Gerard Rocher

Hi Gerard,

Access to specified URL could be treated as an application but in layer-7, some apps could behavior out of scope of defined signature of Fortiguard. It might be the reason for why your override of application control did not work.

If possible, please check log for monitoring traffic.

whatthe
New Contributor

will you check your app settings? well, actually, I am also a novice but a few days ago, I saw a tutorial about blocking facebook is changing the settings, if you need, you can search "wonderfox facebook" or "wonderfox youtube", etc in google. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors