Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mcdaniels
New Contributor

Keep Dial Up VPN Tunnel up permanently

Hello folks,

I have the problem, that my remote-site does not use static-ip-adresses. So I can only use a dial-up-vpn-configuration. Some devices between the 2 VPN-endpoints are needing a permanent connection, but when no traffic goes over the tunnel, the tunnel will not "get up".

Is there a way, to keep the dial-up-tunnel up, although there is no traffic going over it? (keep it up permanently)

5 REPLIES 5
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible in Dialup VPN, maybe you can try to set keep alive enable in phase2 config vpn ipsec phase2-interface->edit *interface*->set keep alive enable Good Luck

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Fullmoon

+1 to markus.

config vpn ipsec phase2-interface edit "my_phase2" set auto-negotiate enable next end

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Markus
Valued Contributor

Perfect [&:]

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
mcdaniels

Ok, I'll try!

Thanks a lot!

benjaminvaliente

You can do this from GUI if you want too (FortiOS 6.0). Just convert your Forti-to-Forti tunnel to a Custom Tunnel and once converted you'll be able to change it from Phase2 > Advanced > Autokey Keep Alive, check the option and clic OK button for save changes.

It works for me this way ;)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors