Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Zaki_
New Contributor

Downgrade FMG Root adom 5.6 to 5.2

Hello :)

Is there any way to downgrade FMG root adom from 5.6 to 5.2 ?

If there no way, how can i put back a cluster in 5.2.X on FMG without activating advaced adom or create a new adom ?

How can i get the policies and objects from 5.6 adom to 5.2

thank you in advance

Have a good day

6 REPLIES 6
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Even with ADOMs disabled, in FMG 5.6 (starting in 5.6.1 IIRC), there is still an "All ADOMs" under System Settings.  So you can still change the version associated with the root ADOM.  This is only advisable if there are currently no devices or policy packages in that ADOM.  The goal is to essentially reset that ADOM, similar to a fresh reinstall and relearn everything from the FGT through an Import.  Not to preserve any objects already in the ADOM.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Zaki_

Thank you for your response,

Yes of course the "all adoms" is still available,

When i try to change the version to 5.2, the button is grayed out (cf: capture)

is there any way to do that ?

Thank you in advance :)

Zaki_

If we have a backup of the FMG with Root adom in 5.2 version, by restoring it could we get back the root adom in 5.2 ? is there any loss of configuration, policy packages, objects, templates ?

chall_FTNT

Sorry, I was thinking of Global ADOM.  Seems in other ADOMs we have this as a safeguard.  Since in best practice, you are supposed to use ADOM upgrade.

So it looks like you either need to enable ADOMs and create a new ADOM for 5.2.  Or, as you say, restore a previous FMG configuration that has a 5.2 ADOM.  Of course, that FMG configuration needs to match the current FMG firmware.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Zaki_

Yes of course, this is the same Firmware, otherwise i will put the right firmware and restore the backup,

I need to downgrade the adom version, since when i upgraded my FGT from 5.2.3 -> 5.2.5 -> ..until 5.6.3, i upgraded also the FMG adom version to 5.6 so i can push policies and so on,

but since i performed a rollback of my upgrades on FGT i need to downgrade the adom version to 5.2

Thank you for your response and have a nice day :)

Zaki_
New Contributor

hello,

I found a solution :)

Since i took a backup of the FMG before upgrading the Adoms, all i had to do is restore the backup to downgrade the Adoms

Hope it will help you

:)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors