Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
petergribble
New Contributor

Multicast not getting through

I'm trying to set up a Fortigate 100E to connect an external video processor to our CCTV network. The plan is to allow any data to come into the box, but only allow IGMP traffic out, but at the moment I have it set up to allow everything, and multicast traffic still isn't getting through.

I enabled multicast forwarding in the CLI, and when that didn't work I enabled PIM and routing, and put in policies to let traffic through, but as far as I can tell the packets just aren't getting sent onward.

I've established that the network connectivity is there - I can connect to the codec's web interface and watch video - but when I try to access the multicast feed it just stops dead.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
jbibler
New Contributor

Any update to this issue? I'm having the same problem and have searched through dozens of forum posts without any success.

I've tried both multicast forwarding with policy. No luck, so I also enabled Multicast Routing, enabled PIM on all of my devices and interfaces (vlans, etc.). When I attempt a multicast transmission (cisco informacast page) I see the text/notification and handset screen lights up, but I do not hear any audio.

From all of the configuration examples I can find online my settings seem correct. Next step is to initiate a new support ticket with Fortinet, but thought I would check in with you first.

Josh B.

petergribble

Sadly we couldn't get it working, and in the end we gave up and used the firewall for something else. If you do get anywhere with it, let me know!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors