Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
noluthando
New Contributor

how do i uninstall or disable fortigate

hi guys

Y'all might have been experiencing this problem of not being able to access sites like YouTube and maybe some of you did find the solution to the problem, if you did please share with me or just tell me how do i disable Fortiogate.

Thanx

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

if you are looking for a way to circumvent an application control or webfilter block on a FGT the answer is: use your own internet access (via mobile, mobile hotspot) or a VPN to an external host providing internet access. The latter may be blocked by the FGT administration.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If your talking about a security-profile on a fwpolicy, either remove it or  replicate a new policy and insert it above the one  that is giving you issues.

Just remove the UTM profile on the  new fwpolicy-id, if traffic matches that newly created policy and works, than you know the latter fwpolicy is giving you an issue.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Cutegirl

Yeah if you like fortiguard your messages will be cursed
miaavery
New Contributor

Hello Guys,Using the Control PanelStep 1Click on the start menu and go to the control panel.

Step 2Click "Programs and Features" to launch the programs and features window.

Step 3Scroll down the window, click "Fortinet Antivirus," and then click the uninstall button. If prompted, enter the administrator password and click continue to remove the application. When prompted, restart the computer.

Using An UninstallerStep 1Download an uninstaller such as "Perfect Uninstaller," "Revo Uninstaller," or "Easy Uninstaller" if you are unable to remove Fortinet Antivirus using the control panel.

Step 2Double-click "Computer" on the desktop, then double click on the C drive. Then double-click the "Program Files" folder.

Step 3Locate the "Fortinet Antivirus" folder, right-click it, and then click "Force Uninstall" to launch the uninstall wizard. Follow the guided prompts on the wizard to complete the uninstall.

Step 4Restart the computer to complete the removal process.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors