Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jasetcs
New Contributor III

Should i setup user accounts??

I'm setting up a Fortigate 60E for a network with 6 users on currently. I just wonder if its recommended to create individual users accounts for the users on the Firewall which means before they can access the internet they must login first via the Fortigate Panel that pops up?

Or is it best to leave it so the user doesn't need an account and can just browse freely? 

I understand the pros of using the user accounts are we can monitor who does what, no-one unauthorised can access internet but we have some servers that dont have a specific user but need internet access 24/7 but wouldn't want to have to keep logging them in.

Any advice appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

For 6  users I wouldn't bother, but does you  network have guest or contractors that access any portion of the biz network? If yes, than local/remote  accounts  would be more secure.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jasetcs
New Contributor III

Thanks - Yes we occasionally get a few guests come in the office and work on this network. So do you suggest leave the main users as normal so they do not need to login for internet access and setup a group with guest users ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors