Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rowo
New Contributor

GUI DHCP Option not shown

Hi together,

after updating my 60E FortiOS to 5.6.3 no DHCP Server under Network / Edit Interface is shown.

At "internal" Network it is shown - but not at additonal Network "dmz".

Configuring whithin CLI is working w/o any problem - but it is not shown in GUI.

Thanks

Greets

Robert

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

When configuring the interface in the GUI there's an option to select it's role (LAN/WAN/DMZ/Undefined).

If you select WAN or DMZ then it won't let you configure the DHCP via the GUI. Change the DMZ interface's role to LAN and you should see the DHCP option available.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Welcome to the forums.

2 questions:

1) What did you upgrade from & did you follow the upgrade path? (see http://cookbook.fortinet.com/sysadmins-notebook/supported-upgrade-paths-fortios/)

2) Did you test multiple browsers and/or clear the cache?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
rowo

Hi Bob,

thanks for your answer - yes I followed the cookbook - the prev Version was the 5.4 and btw. the IPsec VPN was not imported as mentioned in the upgrade-path. All other funtions are working properly.

I tested two exporers (firefox / ie) both almost the current version.

Robert

neonbit
Valued Contributor

When configuring the interface in the GUI there's an option to select it's role (LAN/WAN/DMZ/Undefined).

If you select WAN or DMZ then it won't let you configure the DHCP via the GUI. Change the DMZ interface's role to LAN and you should see the DHCP option available.

rowo
New Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your reply. You are right - when changing to LAN there is DHCP available.

But why did change Fortinet the behaviour of DMZ interfaces after Version 6.4 without any Notice? Unknownable!

Is there any other restriction between DMZ and LAN interface type? I did not find anything about the difference.

Thanks in advice.

Robert

neonbit
Valued Contributor

There's no real difference, it's just what you can configure in the GUI for the interfaces. I think it's mainly used for the self auditing feature in 5.6. DMZ interfaces have different rules that apply to the checks than LAN ones.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

As neonbit explained you can always set interfaces back to "Undefined" to have all options. They didn't remove that option.

aaqibk
New Contributor II

Can anyone help ??

After doing the upgrade, the 'DHCP monitor'(under monitor section) it keeps loading. same also happening in VPN section as well. The pages are just loading.

I tried to access the GUI with other web browsers as well but I  am facing the same issue. 

Thanks

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Aaqib.

What model of Fortigate and firmware version were you upgrading from and to which firmware to?  Have you followed the firmware upgrade path (https://docs2.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool)?

Usually some objects/settings break if you do not follow the upgrade path and/or on top of this some of the conversion scripts used in the upgrade process will convert certain settings that may no longer be supported on new firmware or converts some settings to defaults.

If your foritgate stores config revisions, I suggest comparing the current config vs the old config and see if what's changed or use a text compare tool. 

That said, performs perform a exec dhcp lease-list from the CLI and see if anything shows up.  If need be, perhaps purge the DHCP leases (e.g.  exec dhcp lease-clear all ).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ropetty

neobit's answer worked perfect for me!

Thank you,

Robert

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors