Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ceg
New Contributor

dpd-failure

hello everyone!

I have a fortigate 200B with 30 vpns ipsec configured, suddenly all the tunnel fell, and then come up, all the tunnels are now ok, the error in the logs is: dpd_failure.

I have to find the root cause to give a report to my client. I have already investigated the bandwidth: is ok! there was no problem at the time when vpn fell!  the cluster Fortigate 200B has not switched over either.

in this forum I read that someone had this problem but the root cause was not found or not mentioned.

do you have an idea please, Thank you for your answers!

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Must be an interruption on the path to get to all remote locations. I would start checking log at the devices starting from 200B toward the internet. It could be a local ISP's service interruption, which is almost no way to prove unless you've set up something directly against the circuit, keeping monitoring/pinging a destination beyond the ISP.

jeckd
New Contributor

ceg wrote:

hello everyone!

I have a fortigate 200B with 30 vpns ipsec configured, suddenly all the tunnel fell, and then come up, all the tunnels are now ok, the error in the logs is: dpd_failure.

I have to find the root cause to give a report to my client. I have already investigated the bandwidth: is ok! there was no problem at the time when vpn fell!  the cluster Fortigate 200B has not switched over either.

in this forum I read that someone had this problem but the root cause was not found or not mentioned.

do you have an idea please, Thank you for your answers!

Hi Ceg, Are you able to fix this issue? I have the same issue. Regards, Jeck

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors