Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
New Contributor

Websites are blocked by school

My school is blocking some sites that I want to use.I want to unblock those sites on this computer but my admistrators won't let me.This is a computer that i bought for college and when I have free time, I want to watch Netflix or play some kind of game so I want to know.

How do I unblock some websites without getting in trouble? I just want a couple of things unblocked because these are annoying me. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
NeilG
Contributor

If the network admin doesn't want you to access some content and you don't want to get in trouble for violating terms of service, then you should get your own Internet connection.

If you feel the content is not be categorized correctly you can check the DNS name and then the IP address here: https://fortiguard.com/webfilter

ede_pfau

You are used their network so it's their call. There is no way to change the webfilter from the client's side.

Cell phone - tethering = your own internet access.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi Avatarkorrarocks1,

These are the restrictions which are applied by your Network Admin and the client machine if connected to the school network would not be able to bypass these restrictions. 

BR,

Manosh

williamwill009
New Contributor

Writing my dissertation was one of the most daunting tasks I faced during my academic journey. Thankfully, I came across https://mycustomessay.com/write-my-dissertation.html , and they were a help. Their team of experienced writers guided me through the process, providing insightful feedback and support. I recommend their services to any student embarking on the challenging task of dissertation writing.

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @avatarkorrarocks1,
Unfortunately, this must be done by the network administrator. The only way to bypass is using another network that is not behind the FortiGate.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors