Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phowardmhm
New Contributor

Edge Router Setup

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of switching over to a new ISP and they recently dropped their service in our data closet.  I don't think the person who ordered the service realized it at the time but this is not a managed service, meaning they do not have a router at our location.  Instead, they give a /30 that we must configure to use for the edge and a /27 that we can use for our external services.  I had a Juniper SRX340 lying around so I put an IP from the /30 on the outside interface and an IP from the /27 on the inside interface a long with a route to the next hop.  I then put an IP address from the /27 on the WAN1 interface on my Fortinet 200D along with a route pointing to the inside IP on the Juniper I was connected.

I would like to take the Juniper SRX out of the mix and just use my Fortigate 200D.  What is the best way to go about this?  I have tunnels and external resources using that /27 so I don't want to have to change any of that.  I have two pictures attached that has our current and proposed setup.  Thanks everyone in advance.  Thanks,

Pat

1 REPLY 1
oheigl
Contributor II

You don't need a second port for the 444. network in my opinion. Just move the one port from the juniper to the FortiGate, and change the policies accordingly. I guess it could be kind of difficult depending on the services you are using for these addresses.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors