Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
omegah
New Contributor

How to add static route point to PPPoE interface on Fortigate

Hi All

if you know please tell me how to add static route to PPPoE interface.

I want to add 1 static route prefer to 1 PPPoE interface but I can't. There is no pppX interface in the device list.

If I choose device is wan1 (the interface that run PPPoE), that static route doesn't work, Firewall cannot reach the destination.

1 Solution
Benoit_Rech_FTNT

hello,

you should use the CLI, and enable the dynamic-gateway parameter

#config router static

# edit 100 # set ? status Enable/disable this static route. *dst Destination IP and mask for this route. gateway Gateway IP for this route. distance Administrative distance (1 - 255). weight Administrative weight (0 - 255). priority Administrative priority (0 - 4294967295). *device Gateway out interface or tunnel. comment Optional comments. blackhole Enable/disable black hole. dynamic-gateway Enable use of dynamic gateway retrieved from a DHCP or PPP server. virtual-wan-link Enable/disable egress through the virtual-wan-link. link-monitor-exempt Enable/disable withdrawing this route when link monitor or health check is down. Best regards Benoit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Benoit_Rech_FTNT

hello,

you should use the CLI, and enable the dynamic-gateway parameter

#config router static

# edit 100 # set ? status Enable/disable this static route. *dst Destination IP and mask for this route. gateway Gateway IP for this route. distance Administrative distance (1 - 255). weight Administrative weight (0 - 255). priority Administrative priority (0 - 4294967295). *device Gateway out interface or tunnel. comment Optional comments. blackhole Enable/disable black hole. dynamic-gateway Enable use of dynamic gateway retrieved from a DHCP or PPP server. virtual-wan-link Enable/disable egress through the virtual-wan-link. link-monitor-exempt Enable/disable withdrawing this route when link monitor or health check is down. Best regards Benoit

omegah

Thank you Benoit_Rech_FTNT much. The command resolved my issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors