Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emoralesa
New Contributor

About problem in AP

Hello, friends.

I have a fortigate 60D, in which I want to connect some AP's, model FAP21B, only that it does not give me the opportunity to authorize them. If you selected it and I click on "authorize" I get the error "Value conflicts with system settings" and in the properties of the AP I see the error of the image that I attached. I have other AP's connected and I have no problem with them.

The firmware version I have is v5.2.1, build618 (GA)

Thank you very much in advance

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First, is the FAP 5.2.1 supported by FG60D's version? For example FG's 5.4.7 supports FAP 5.2.5 and later or FAP 5.4.1 and later.

Then connect your laptop directly to the FAP and check if anything wrong in GUI. The default IP is 192.168.1.2/24. You might need to use the reset button first (press&hold 5sec) if something is somehow configured already. The reset might fix the problem.

If you see something wrong in the GUI or doesn't even open and if it's brand-new, I would open a TT to get it RMAed.

If GUI looks good and the firmware version is ok with FG's, you could try pre-configure/pre-authorize  it at "config wireless-controller wtp" with the FAP's serial number. You can see how it should be configured easily because you already have other FAPs configured. Just need to make sure you put "set admin enable" in, which is equivalent to authorizing via GUI.

None of above changes the symptom, I would open a TT either with FG60D or FAP221B.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First, is the FAP 5.2.1 supported by FG60D's version? For example FG's 5.4.7 supports FAP 5.2.5 and later or FAP 5.4.1 and later.

Then connect your laptop directly to the FAP and check if anything wrong in GUI. The default IP is 192.168.1.2/24. You might need to use the reset button first (press&hold 5sec) if something is somehow configured already. The reset might fix the problem.

If you see something wrong in the GUI or doesn't even open and if it's brand-new, I would open a TT to get it RMAed.

If GUI looks good and the firmware version is ok with FG's, you could try pre-configure/pre-authorize  it at "config wireless-controller wtp" with the FAP's serial number. You can see how it should be configured easily because you already have other FAPs configured. Just need to make sure you put "set admin enable" in, which is equivalent to authorizing via GUI.

None of above changes the symptom, I would open a TT either with FG60D or FAP221B.

emoralesa

Ready, Toshi.

Thank you. I pressed the reset button and that's how it worked.

I appreciate your support very much 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors