Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
B1202
New Contributor

FortiGate 500D - 5.4 Session-TTL Question

Hello,

Can someone tell me what the default session-ttl value is?  When I run config system session-ttl and show I get nothing.

(session-ttl) # show config system session-ttl end

I see it set in various firewall policies as "set session-ttl 0" which tells the policy to use the default.  If the default above is not set what happens?  Is there a built in default it's not showing me?  I do not want to set a default and break anything. 

The issue I am having is users are occasionally getting timeouts when using a web application from outside > DMZ.  Sometimes it works fine and other times they get timeout errors.  When looking at FortiAnalyzer traffic logs I see some sessions as "firewall action: close" and others as "firewall action: timeout" 

The current policy that I am having issues with does NOT have any session-ttl values set.  The service (http) under config firewall service custom has "set session-ttl 0" which again points back to a default that isn't set.

1 Solution
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Default values aren't displayed with the "show" command.  If you instead enter "show full" you'll probably see:

config system session-ttl     set default 3600 end

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
B1202
New Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea on this one?

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Default values aren't displayed with the "show" command.  If you instead enter "show full" you'll probably see:

config system session-ttl     set default 3600 end

neonbit
Valued Contributor

You can also run the 'get' command to show the default values:

fortigate (session-ttl) # get default : 3600 port:

B1202
New Contributor

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  I didn't realize there was a difference between show and show full-configuration. This has explained a lot!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors