Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Laccio
New Contributor

VLan Help

Good day 

I have a task.

I have a core of network where i configured VLAN and then on the router i configured subinterface. Traffic between core of network and Router is tagged.  Now i want to put Fortigate between core of network and router. I have created VDOM and set the physical interface. Operation mode is Transparent. there is a question. 

Should i configure VLAN on Fortigate as configured on the router because traffic between router and core of network is tagged? 

2 REPLIES 2
Benoit_Rech_FTNT

Hello,

yes, you should configure VLANs on the FortiGate, and create forwarding-domain between VLANs (in and out)

There is an interesting KB on transparent mode that can help you to configure the FortiGate:

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD30087

Best regards,

Benoit

Laccio

Thank you for answer

I configured 2 Vlans with the same characteristics as in Cisco Router and set the same PORT on the two Vlans

SwiftServers Vlan ID 800

Swifttest Vlan ID 950

You can see on the screen that i've attached. I've never faced with Fortigate and i don't know how to configure correctly. Can you help me?

As i am understaning i should configure the same vlans on the interface 22?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors