Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sipha
New Contributor

Update office365 blocked

Hello everyone,

on my fortigate, Office 365 updates are blocked. There are no messages in the logs. I have a rule in any and updates work. With the old rule, only ports 80, 443, 21, 8080, 53 and FTPS were open. Before this problem, the updates worked on the old rule.

I need help ^^

2 REPLIES 2
NeilG
Contributor

Sipha,

A couple of questions:

[ul]
  • You talk about "old rule" which implies new rule - what changed? FortiOS upgrade?
  • When you say "Office 365 updates" - do you mean the Windows desktop versions of Office provided through an Office 365 subscription? If so the updates, depending on how you deployed software, might come from the Office apps themselves (typically click-to-run self-update) or through Windows update, Windows update for Business/WSUS, or even SCCM.    -- Can you confirm that at least Windows updates work?
  • If things are getting blocked without logging that probably means traffic has missed all higher policies and hit a default deny policy (which often does not have logging enabled). --- Have you created a custom "deny all with logging" as the 2nd to last policy on correct Interface to WAN to help debug what/why traffic is getting blocked?[/ul]

-Neil

• Sidewaysguy
    New Contributor III

Just to add to what Neil is asking....

What security profiles are assigned to the rule that you are referring to? 

Is logging all sessions turned on? 

Are there active sessions against the policy?

Can you post the policies in question from the CLI?

Basically, you need to provide some further info. 

Cheers,

Sidewaysguy

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors