Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vinceneil666
Contributor

FortiWLC vs. Sonos and Chromecast

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips n tricks related to how to get a SONOS working on a Meru ssid ? We have been trough a lot of different settings and tested a lot of stuff - but we seem to be stuck. And I think it might be some basic stuff I am missing in my config ? 

Anyone have any experience with this  ? :)

4 REPLIES 4
bandersen_FTNT

I have Sonos running, and have been using WLC SD 8.3.3GA, with Multicast enabled and also UDP ports are enabled.

Rest is pretty much default settings.

What i have seen is that Sonos needs rather good coverage to operate.

/Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

vinceneil666

Hi, tnx! We have enabled Multicast to - and at least added some UDP "stuff" using CLI, udp upstream and downstream commands. 

Would it be possible for you to give me some info on how you set this up specificly ? We have the same version running as you. (Did you have to go and add some multicast info into the config to? Besides enableing it globaly?)

bandersen_FTNT

Hey

At ESS profile I enabled "Allow Multicast" and also i disabled "Multicast to Unicsat Conversion"

At Configuration > Devices > System Settings > UDP Broadcast Ports i allowed all up and down UDP ports.

Also important to try to find a decent (clean) channel to use most likely in 2,4

/Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

vinceneil666

Tnx,

The same setup we have to.. But I double checked the multi to uni conversion - and that was actually enabled. (but should that have an impact?). Nevertheless I have disabled it now and asked the guys to test again. (they have an apple tv, chromecast and a sonos running there :) )

I see my forewarding table has both 224.0.0.251 and 239.255.255.250 - I would asume that I would se yet another one popping up..upnp Im guessing.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors