Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tiptel172
New Contributor

PoE PD Port Fortiswitch 108E

i have two Fortiswtiches 108E which are running in Local Management mode. I installed the latest Sofware version 3.6.3

in the quick start quide on page 12 the switch has one PoE PD Port. https://docs.fortinet.com...Start%20-%20Online.pdf

I tried to configure the PoE Port -> Port8, but it was not possible. Example from the FortiSwitchOS Administration Guide - Standalone Mode 3.6.3 Enabling PoE on a port config switch physical-port edit <port> set poe-status enable set poe-pre-standard-detection {enable | disable}

Is PoE really supportet on the FS108E Port8 ? which Software do I have to use?

Kind regards Frank

1 REPLY 1
jvanderb
New Contributor

I realize this post is nearly a year old, but if you're still looking for an answer, I believe I have it.

No, the FS-108E does not support PoE.  There is a FS-108E-POE model that has 4 PoE ports, but it sounds like that isn't what you have.

The PoE PD port on the FS-108E can be a consumer of PoE, but does not provide it.  That port is able to be connected to an upstream switch that has PoE in order to power the switch without having the power cable plugged in on the back.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors