Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
D__Pintaric
New Contributor

Release Notes FortiOS 5.4.6 + 5.4.7 not showing FGT 60E

Hi all,

the release notes are not showing the FGT 60E as supported models. The firmware itself was released in the firmware section of 5.4.6 and 5.4.7, but the release notes are confusing me. Also the new firmware is shown in the GUI, but there a warning appears, that no valid upgrade path was found.

Wrong release notes? If yes, please fix it quickly, because I'm not sure if I can rely on the release notes in the future.

Kind regards,

Denis

4 REPLIES 4
oheigl
Contributor II

Hi,

you need to scroll down one page, these models have a special branch point release.

I already upgraded two FortiGate 61E, and it seems to work, although one cluster crashed, but worked after a reboot of both nodes 

Kind regards

D__Pintaric

Thank you for your quick response.

I've seen the special branch info, but I don't know what it means. Not beeing in the supported models section, is more confusing the helpful. Also the warning message in the GUI.

oheigl

I think it just an internal difference regarding the development paths. Usually this occurs for new models, as new chip sets may need different programming and so on. I wouldn't mind if there is a warning message in the GUI, if there is a firmware image it is supported, otherwise not. But you could open a ticket and ask why they are listed under a special branch, and share it with all of us 

Toshi_Esumi

I want to comment one thing to this thread. Please open a case at TAC every time you find something like this to make your voice heard. Otherwise, FTNT's support site and their processes/procedures around software & its release might not improve.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors