Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Billy22
New Contributor

Suggest a model for Site to Site VPN

Hello everyone,

I am new in FortiGate product, and here is the situation :

My company own 60E in HQ, and now we have a new remote office launched,

then we need to purchase a new firewall for Site to Site VPN purpose. (Only 3 user in remote office)

May I know which Low-end model of FortiGate firewall is suitable to create site to site VPN with my 60E in HQ?

Thanks.

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Any FGT model will be able to create a site to site VPN but for a 3 user office the FG30E or 50E should suffice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Any FGT model will be able to create a site to site VPN but for a 3 user office the FG30E or 50E should suffice.

Billy22

neonbit wrote:

Thanks, that I will suggest my boss for 30E

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Beware, as far as I recall the 30E doesn't feature hardware acceleration of IPsec traffic - there's no NP or NPlite ASIC included. If that is the case the tiny CPU could have a difficult time with higher WAN bandwidth.

The hardware features of the 30E can be found somewhere on the forums.

edit:

The Product Matrix lists 75 Mbps for IPsec throughput, probably without any concurrent UTM features. This might be enough for your purposes.

See for yourself: https://www.fortinet.com/...net_Product_Matrix.pdf

Both FGT-30E and 50E do not feature an NP ASIC for acceleration.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors