Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gmil
New Contributor

New to FortiMail - Quarantine webaccess authentication

Hello everyone,

I am working at an alternative ISP and I would like to offer anti-spam service for my customer.

I have chosen FortiMail solution and I deployed the FortiMail VM in gateway mode to test all functionalities.

Now I want to simulate the quarantine management by the customer.

1) The spam report email works good. Web release/delete link in the email works well to.

2) Now I want to setup the web access for the customer but I can't. I read the doc and try to setup an authentication profile (in SMTP tab) and an inbound recipient-based policy but it doesn't work, I need help... I don't know if it is the correct solution for my needs and your advices are welcome :)

Thanks in advance

Regards

G.

4 REPLIES 4
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

gmillour wrote:

2) Now I want to setup the web access for the customer but I can't. I read the doc and try to setup an authentication profile (in SMTP tab) and an inbound recipient-based policy but it doesn't work, I need help... I don't know if it is the correct solution for my needs and your advices are welcome :)

Hi

that's the correct approach; you need a working authentication profile applied to the relevant incoming rcpt-policy in order to authenticate users access to webmail.

Check that auth profile once again; check if your server needs user@domain or in case you are using ldap profile, test authentication directly

hope it helps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
gmil
New Contributor

Thank you Abel for confirming my thoughts regarding the authentication methods.

If I understand well, to give access to the quarantine web panel, FortiMail will check if the user can connect on its usual server and if the credentials are correct, then FortiMail grant the access to the user, am i correct ?

Fullmoon
Contributor III

hi,

running on the latest fos of fortimail using gateway mode. we want users able to manage their quarantine mails.

I followed this https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD38647 but some options are not present on the latest firmware. since my users unable to ping fortimail hostname I created dns entries under my dns fortimailhostname.domain.com-->192.168.1.4 9 (fortimail lan). Now my users able connect with  the link but credentials are not working. I tried username and password from ldap with no success, tried username@domain.com + password without success.

any help is much appreciated.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Bromont_FTNT

Hi FullMoon,

I'd suggest creating a support ticket, the Fortimail engineers should get you sorted out pretty quick .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors