Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Pack3tL0ss
New Contributor

Single Fortinet 81e acting as both DHCP relay and Server...

I don't think the post title is possible per interface, but I have a use case where I need the Fortinet to assign the IPs for the interface, but I also need to forward the DHCP requests to another server. 

The external server that I need to get the DHCP requests is not going to respond, it's a policy server that uses the information for profiling.

I thought I could configure interface A with multiple pools, configure it as a DHCP server, then configure the other interface B and C as DHCP relay with interface A as one of the destinations (the other being the external policy server), but it doesn't seem to be working (client doesn't get an IP, and policy server doesn't get the dhcp request).

I thought this KB article was promising:

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD33842

It describes the scenario, but it's 2 different fortinets.  I just need something like this on a single unit.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction for something like this?

1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Easy, have you considered creating a second VDOM? I haven't checked the KB article but if you just need a second FGT - it's included for free :)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors