Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
grn
New Contributor

unable to manage Fortiswitch 108E

I have have been unable to manage a Fortiswitch 108E. In the Manage Fortiswitch states "searching". When I try to entry the switch manual the message is "Invalid FortiSwtch serial number". I have asked a peer to check what I entered was correct, and neither of us noticed an error. It is interesting the serial number for the 108E starts with "S108E..." yet when I enter a serial number from a cookbook "FS108D3W16001177" it is accepted no problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Prab
New Contributor

grn wrote:
I have have been unable to manage a Fortiswitch 108E. In the Manage Fortiswitch states "searching". When I try to entry the switch manual the message is "Invalid FortiSwtch serial number". I have asked a peer to check what I entered was correct, and neither of us noticed an error. It is interesting the serial number for the 108E starts with "S108E..." yet when I enter a serial number from a cookbook "FS108D3W16001177" it is accepted no problem.

Hi Grn,

Could you please confirm if you are trying to manage the fortiSwitch from a fortiGate? If yes, then please mention the cable connections made between FrotiGate and the fortiSwitch too.

Thanks & regards,

Prab :)

swbussell
New Contributor

I am assuming you are trying to use FortiLink between Fortigate and Fortiswitch.   If so, in releases FortiSwitchOS 3.3.0 and beyond, the FortiSwitch models support FortiLink auto-discovery, which is automatic detection of the port connected to the FortiGate. You can use any of the switch ports for FortiLink, but they may not be set/enabled by default.

Use the following FortiSwitch CLI commands to configure a port for FortiLink auto-discovery:

config switch interface

edit <port>

set auto-discovery-fortilink enable

end

Hope that this is helpful.

emilvi

Thank You.

I got a new 108E-PoE and the

set auto-discovery-fortilink enable was missing on port8, it was enabled on port 9 and 10 (SFP ports)

When I put it in, it worked right away

Caspar
New Contributor

You will have to configure the fortigate so that the port that you use will be a fortilink port, best way to go about this is through the cli to accomplish this.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

There can't be any ambiguity about the serial number. Browse to the switch web page and pick it up there. My FS-124E starts with "S" as well.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors