Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jimhend
New Contributor

Installing IOS 5.6.x on FG-300D is it a good choice at the machine resource level

Hi,

we are currently using FG-300D for our telephone platform. I was advised to stay at the version before 5.6, because otherwise the performance of the FG-300D could be affected and give a degraded performance of the quality of the voice. Should I consider this remark and think about changing my equipment or resources are not more sought after with versions 5.6.x versus 5.4.x?

The telephone platform serves for our contact centers, so very important for our company.

Thanks for your interest.

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm very interested to know who made the remark based on what. If it's an FortiOS issue(s), changing your hardware might not let you avoid the issues. That's why I want to know the basis of the claim.

Jimhend

Thank you for your interest in the question. In fact, we are dealing with a supplier for the maintenance of our firewall. We asked him why he did not install the latest version of the firmware and preferred to continue with version 5.4.x instead of 5.6.x He answered that the 5.6 and + version was more greedy in terms of machine resources and that this could impact the quality of the voice and that it did not guarantee the result. Currently, fortigates are sleepy at the CPU level. However, the memory oscillates at just over 50%. Your opinion ?

Toshi_Esumi

We haven't deployed 5.6.x to our FGs and customer's yet for maturity of the new major version only. So I haven't experienced any differences for resource usage. At this moment, we don't have any particular needs we have to have 5.6 features either. Do you have any reason you have to upgrade it to 5.6?

Jimhend

Hi

Be as up to date as possible to have the best protection.

Thank you Toshi Esumi.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors