Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LiaoYuRuei
New Contributor

HELP! FortiGate 200B can't boot

I have a FGT 200B, original firmware version is 4.3.15, and I tried to upgrade its firmware.

My upgrade steps as follow:

1.turn off the power

2.turn on the power, and go into the boot menu

3.Press F to format boot device

4.Upload 4.3.16 image by using tftp

5.when uploading is done, set as default image to boot.

And then I saw the console message as follow:

Programming the boot device now. ..................................................................

/src/device/usb2/usb.c: 342: usb_start_wait_urb status!=0(-32)

ERROR: Bulk read CSW ret = -32 ERROR: ll_read_block( 5e08, 38c10000, e081, 10) = -1 ../src/device/usb2/usb.c: 342: usb_start_wait_urb status!=0(-32)

I retried formating boot device and uploading 4.3.16 image, or uploading 4.3.15 image,

and no matter I set the upload image as Default/Backup/Run image,

it still doesn't work.

=======================================================================

I searched the error message on google, and found one post having the same problem, post link as follow:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/545014-help-fortigate-80c-wont-boot

so I searched the FGT200B format image on the internet, but didn't get any result;

and I tried to upload the FGT80C format image to my FGT200B, but the image was not compatible with FGT200B

=======================================================================

Does anyone can help me ?

※Attachment file:

console message log

2 REPLIES 2
Hamir_Campos
New Contributor

Hello

Have you already tested the hardware to verify the integrity of the hardware? I suggest that you do this to identify possible boot problems.

http://wiki.diagnose.fortinet.com/index.php/Running_an_HQIP_(Hardware_Quick_Inspection_Package)_test

LiaoYuRuei

Hello Hamir Campos, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had already run the hqip on my 200B, but when it run into the step of checking boot device, 

just stop and go to the login page.

as follow:

==> Boot Device Test

Testing write and read to hard disk(/dev/sda): Size 3824MB Timing buffered disk reads: hdtest.c(34): read() failed: Input/output error Timing buffered disk reads: hdtest.c(34): read() failed: Input/output error Timing buffered

HQIP login: admin Password: Welcome !

may I have any solutions?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors