Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi
Contributor II

Sending logs from FAD to FAZ

Hello,

In the training notes of FortiADC, it is stated that FAD logs can be sent to FAZ. However in the FAD there is specific button for registering FAD to FAZ. I'm assuming that FAD can only send logs to FAZ only using syslog, but I'm not sure. Can somebody confirm, or tell me if there is some other way to send logs from FAD to FAZ?

Thanks

Andreas

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FortiADC is not a recognized Fortinet device type by FortiAnalyzer at this time.  But FortiAnalyzer can accept syslog logging from FortiADC.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
aagrafi

Thanks for the reply. In that case, what level/quality of analysis/reporting/queries/etc. can we expect from the FAZ regarding those logs, considering that the FAD has sent them as raw log data? Also, do we need to create a separate ADOM to accept these logs?

Andreas

chall_FTNT

As long as you enabled ADOMS, there is a default ADOM for syslog traffic.

In the FortiAnalyzer Release Notes, see Product Integration and Support >> Feature support.  It shows that LogView & Event Management are supported for Syslog.  But not FortiView or Reports.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors