Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robinct
New Contributor

FortiClient iOS/Android split tunnel routing

Hi,

For some reason I can't get split tunneling/static IP routing working on either iOS or Android. I tried a few different tools on Android to try and get a glimpse on the routing table, but they all end up empty except for the Wifi.

Am I doing anything wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I've run into this with FortiClient on iOS as well.  Haven't found a workaround yet. 

It appears that when split tunneling is enabled the DNS server IP the iPhone uses is a lan IP that isn't reachable with the VPN routes setup.  I haven't had time to test this further yet, or to fully verify the routing tables.

Hoping somebody else here has a solution or more info?

robinct
New Contributor

Not sure whether I was drunk testing this, or the Fortinet actually released a new version fixing this. 5.6.0.0171 on my iPhone is now working as expected.

Gapas
New Contributor

Hi Robinct

I'm sturggling with the same issue...  I tested both, the FortiClient App (5.6.0.0177) and the FortiClient VPN App (5.6.0.0177).

I created a new Portal with Split Tunneling enabled and added a local usergroup, which are assigned to this specific portal.

But it seems like, that the DNS from the SSl-VPN Settings is not beeing pushed to the device (both tested: Android and iOS) or either the routes are not pushed to the smartphone? Any advice?

Thanks and kind regards 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors