Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aaron833
New Contributor III

Trying to monitor FortiGate with SNMP

I don't know if I'm missing a step with configuring SNMP, but I still can't get my monitor, (Solarwinds Orion), to test against my FortiGate 200E firewalls.  They are running version 5.4.5 build 6228.

On the firewall I'm trying to add to Orion I've enabled the SNMP agent, added a simple community name (for testing), and added my Orion server's IP address to the host in this community setup, (although leaving it blank has no effect either).  I've also enabled SNMP on the management interface.

One thing I noticed was when doing a port scan 80 is blocked as expected, 22 and 443 are open as expected, however both 161 and 162 are still blocked.  So it appears that despite the above settings something is still not allowing SNMP to hit the firewall.  I can ping it just fine from the Orion server, and even tried a diag debug flow / diag debug app snmpd -1 / diag debug en but nothing came through related to the Orion server attempting to pull SNMP data.

Did I miss a step in the process somewhere?

2 REPLIES 2
bellis1
New Contributor

I'm sorry to say I can't help you but I'm having the same issue. I setup SNMP just as I always have with my devices but our SW instance won't recognize it. I even tried it on the WAN and the MGMT interface. Still won't detect anything. 

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Any of you have got Trusted Hosts activated, in System > Administrators?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors