Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ka2tik
New Contributor

Unbale to Add Device - Forimanager "Probe Fail"

Hello All,   I want to add Fortigate device running version 5.2.6 to Fortimanager running version 5.4.2. (It's compatible). When I try and add the Fortitgate device to the FortiManager I get "Probe Failed" message.    Both FortiManager and Fortigate network connectivity and both can ping each other. I have Centralised Management on the Fortigate set to FortiManager and as well FMG is allowed on the mgmt Interface.   Even if I check in the logs I can see a successful connection using TCP/541 from the FortiManager to the Fortigate.

What could be the issue with "Probe Fail" ? Does anyone have faced such issue and how to overcome it ?

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

What is the FGT model?  And do you have other FGTs being added?  I assume you are trying to add the new FGT to a FOS 5.2 ADOM?

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
ka2tik

FGT model is 1500d. I have all FGT 1500d n 800 and none of them is getting add to FGM. Indeed I'm trying to add FGT to 5.2 ADOM.
Thangavel
New Contributor

you have to enable FMG access on FGT interface (which one your using as MGMT IP  address)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors