Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ISOffice
Contributor

DHCP Log Query

Hi all,

We have 2 X 100D Hardware Appliances running firmware version 5.6.2 (build 1486 GA) in Active-Passive mode. Clients on our wireless network are assigned IP addresses by the FortiGate Appliances. Ahead of the introduction of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) next year, we are looking at what information is logged by our FortiGates when a client connects to the wireless network and is assigned an IP Address. When looking at Monitor > DHCP Monitor, I can see fields called: Interface, Device, MAC, IP, Host Information, Expires, Status, Hostname. My question is, can we prevent the appliances logging certain fields? For example, we do not want to log Device, Host Information and Hostname as they often display personal information about the user. Also, can anyone tell me where these DHCP logs are kept on the FortiGate Appliances, how long are they retained (by default) and is it possible to determine when they would be deleted? Ideally, we would only wish to retain these logs for a period not exceeding 6 months.

Many thanks,

John P

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors