Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
etamminga
New Contributor

Policy Package installation fails; VPN to device with IP address assigned using DHCP

Hi,

I hava FortiGate (in a lab) that wants to connect using IPSec VPN to a fortigate at the hub location.

In FortiManager we defined a Star topology VPN Community. A few sites have been deployed, but all of these sites have statically configured IP addresses on their wan interface. My Fortigate in the lab does not. 

When pushing the policy package for the Hub, to inform the Hub about the new Spoke, I get the following message:

Copy device global objects

Vdom copy failed: error 0 - invalid value

Post vdom failed: error :131 - datasrc invalid. object: system zone interface. detail: XXXX-VPN_2. solution: data not exist

Copy objects for vdom Edge "vpn ipsec phase1-interface", "XXXX-VPN_2", id=0, ERROR - DEVICE-NAME-HERE interface wan1 IP is 0, VPN=XXXX-VPN

Pushing the policy to the Spoke went just fine.

Any idea on how we can get this working?

Regards,

Erik

1 REPLY 1
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In a "Star topology VPN Community", all gateway IPs must be known.  To add a device using DHCP to such a community, you have to make sure dynDNS is configured on that DHCP interface.

Otherwise, add another Dialup community that is just the hub + your lab device.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors