Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
doug_dockter
New Contributor

FortiClient won't connect

I have a user at another location who has been able to establish an IPsec VPN connection to our Windstream cloud firewall previously.  She is currently not able to connect.  I've attached the log file. I've verified that I can establish a connection at another workstation with her credentials.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm not too familiar with IPSec vpn debugging with FortiClient since we use FC only for SSL VPN. But first you need to set the log level to "Debug" to see more detail. Based on what it shows now it seems to be able to get the initial response from the server side successfully but not beyond that point, and repeat the attempt three more times and drops. You likely need to sniff or debug IPSec on the server side if you have access to the server end. If not, you need to ask Windstream.

azatik

my wifes and my forti-client wont connect from our home on our Windows laptops. My salesman have been able to connect using an air card. Under the forti-client file it says a network error prevented updates from being downloaded. We have connected nightly for three years from here same isp. Version 5.4.0.0780 and one is 5.4.3.0870

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors