Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Pavils
New Contributor

FortiMail GUI Webmail Language Customization problem

Hello!

We've just recently upgraded FortiMail from 100 to 200E in our company. I did manual configuration migration by rewriting all parameters page by page and mail filtering is running fine. But there is one problem left, to which I did not find solution.

As we like to use our native language (Latvian) in local environment, I added new language to "Webmail Language Customization" table, downloaded new language files, made translations, saved all as prescribed in manuals (xml with UTF-8 encoding), and tried to upload new language files to FortiMail (just like in the old FortiMail 100). It showed file upload progress to 100% and then answered to me "file_error" with one poor button "OK" to push and no further explanations to that error. I even did not find anything regarding that error in any of FortiMail's Logs (configured to show everything in GUI). The same error happens to all other languages in the list - both for login page and webmail resource files, even those I just downloaded from FortiMail and tried to upload without modifications.

Has anybody seen such an error or might direct me to where to dig for explanation to such error?

A bit of configuration parameters:

FortiMail 200E, Gateway mode, no HA, in DMZ behind FortiGate (that moment works fine), just installed newest FW 5.4.2 GA (the same error was with 5.4.0 GA - thought that something would be fixed in newest FW without notice). Tried Firefox and Chrome browsers (IE does not show interface correctly). System is in production (for 3 days now), so I do not want to make radical experiments. I am not much into CLI, better like to use GUI, but if there is any ready-to-use recipe, that would not be a problem too.

Best regards!

P.S. a month ago, while I was configuring FortiGate for our environment, I found some CLI commands to show some debug info in SSH console, which helped then, but I did not find any CLI debug commands or reference for FortiMail. Does such a document exist?

1 REPLY 1
bhh
New Contributor

Hello.. Currently getting the same issue with 5.4.0 GA. If someone has a solution please share thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors