Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NetworkEngineer509
New Contributor

Fortigate sees incorrect bandwidth on outbound application

I am doing a youtube live stream. TCP/1935. The IPv4 rules page bandwidth used section is accurate but if I try to traffic shape or view logs in any other place, I am getting 3-6kbps reported speed. All logging is enabled. I am running v5.4.1,build5577. Anyone run into this before?

3 REPLIES 3
NetworkEngineer509
New Contributor

Upgraded to FortiOS v5.6.2 build1486 (GA). No improvement. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Here is what I am talking about. 

AtiT

Hi,

It is because the session is offloaded to network processor (NP). Only the beginning and end of the session will be logged and it is a small amount of data.

When I tested this behaviour on OS 5.2 we found out that also SNMP interface statistics are also "affected" which is a huge problem in datacenter to get correct data.

If you have an NP6 you can enable session logging - I am not sure how it will affect the unit perfomance. Be careful with this.

See the documentation: http://help.fortinet.com/cli/fos50hlp/56/index.htm#FortiOS/fortiOS-cli-ref-56/config/system/np6.htm%...

config system np6 edit { name }  set per-session-accounting { disable | enable-by-log | all-enable } Enable/disable per-session accounting.   disable Disable per-session accounting.   enable-by-log Per-session accounting only for sessions with traffic logging enabled in firewall policy.   all-enable Per-session accounting for all sessions.

We have it enabled on FortiGate-1500D running 5.2 without any issue so far.

We need correct traffic data also for reporting.

AtiT

AtiT
NetworkEngineer509

How would this affect traffic shaping?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors